Do you take your clear drains for granted? We use them happily every day without much thought. Expecting them to keep draining no matter what we shove down there. Then one day it stops draining and we gasp in horror, how could this happen? Or better yet a terrible smell starts to waft up from the drain…. gross.
Lets show our drains a little appreciation for all of the hard work they do and give them a little love and attention.
Monthly Drain Maintenance
- Tea pot
- Pot holder
- Fill your tea pot up with water and bring to boiling.
- Using your pot holder take the boiling water and slowly and carefully pour down the drain.
Thats it. The hot water will break down any grease and gunk that has built up over the month and carry it away.
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar (my favorite)
- Drain stopper/ plug
- Tea Pot
- Pot Holder
- If the sink has a an overflow whole plug it with a damp towel.
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain followed by1/2 cup vinegar.
- Close the drain stopper tightly or plug drain with a damp towel.
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- Open the stopper and pour an entire pot of boiling water down to flush.
- Go slowly you don’t want to burn yourself.