Has anyone noticed a film on your dishes lately? It could be related to the switch companies are making to lower phosphates in their dishwasher detergents. Yes, this is better for our waterways but I have definitely noticed a difference. In fact my drinking glasses were so bad a few weeks ago that I had to do something! And bad blogger, I forgot to take pictures! But not to fear my pots and pans were just as bad!
|Pot Lid with Residue|
Can you believe this is right out of the dishwasher!! Now I am all for healthy waterway but I do want clean dishes! So what is a girl to do??
Call on a little white vinegar and my all time favorite combo…. SOAP AND HOT WATER!!
HOW TO SHINE YOUR GLASSWARE AND ALUMINUM POTS AND PANS
- hottest water from the tap
- dish soap
- 2 cups white vinegar
- dish towel or 2
- Put the stopper in the drain of your sink and add your items to be cleaned. If they all won’t fit don’t worry. You can use this same batch over and over as long as the water stays hot.
- Add the vinegar and a few big squirts of dish soap into the sink while your hot water is running. Fill until your dishes are covered.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Take each one out one at a time. Using your dish towel rub until they start to shine:)