I have to admit that I am not a ‘germaphobe.’ In fact I think that exposure to everyday germs is good for our children’s immune systems. However, every once in a while, these toys need a good bath and since we have about a bzillion toys in our house this task can be a bit daunting! So turn it into a fun kids activity!
- bath tub or children’s wading pool
- dish soap
- toys, toys, toys
- laundry baskets
- sunny day
- washing machine
- Sort through all of the toys keeping only what you and your kids LOVE. Click here for more info on sorting clutter
- Fill your bath tub or wading pool with water and add the soap.
- Add your toys: I do the wooden toys first since they need to be taken out and dried first. Don’t let the wooden toys sit in the water for longer than about 30 minutes!
- Take each toy out and dry with a towel. They don’t have to be 100% dry. We will dry them later.
- Place into a laundry basket.
- Once the laundry basket is full take it out to sit in the sun and finish drying. Did you know that the sun is a great disinfectant? Click here for more information on the sun’s disinfectant properties! I have always wondered why the kids never get sick after playing outside on a playground but always got sick after playing at an indoor one! The sun!
- Once you have finished the wooden toys, go for the plastic ones!
- Take each one out and dry.
- Place in laundry basket.
- Place in the sun to dry.
- Any stuffed animals or stuffed toys go into the washing machine and then the dryer… easy!
|Wooden Toys Drying in the Sun|